Here it is folks, the side for your festive meals without the stodge of potatoes - honestly though, is it just me that struggle with potatoes? I find them too heavy, feels like they just sit in my stomach refusing to budge - so any meal with a rice or noodle option I'll go for. We all know Christmas can get a little carried away with the eating and the drinking the last thing you want to add to that is food that makes you bloated. Anyway, if like me you are rather sensitive to the humble spud here is the alternative.
#As with all recipes on this blog unless otherwise stated they are my own; be kind enough to, link back to original, make, share and highlight - happy sharing #
- 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 75 g ready to eat cooked chestnuts, cut in half
- 1 caramelized red onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon pistachio nuts, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberries soaked in orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste *optional
- Thinly slice the red onion and add to a clean frying pan with the vegetable oil, slowly caramelise the onion then add the chestnuts and warm through.
- Get a large clean bowl, add the cooked rice, onion and chestnut mixture, pistachio and orange soaked cranberries stir well to mix in properly.
|All rights to images reserved copyrights Alicia Lewis @ KitchenTakeovers|
Hey! wait, check these out also!!
Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!
Labels: 5 Ingredients Challenge, Breakfast, Egg free, Gluten free, Recipe List, Vegan, Vegetarian