weather calls for soup and comfort food, and by jove I will give it what it wants. I have beans in all forms in my kitchen, canned, dried, frozen, fresh, I don't know, can't seem to get away from them. Maybe it's just something in my psyche from when I was vegan. But they are so useful, to bulk out a dish, adding texture and flavour, not to mention their amazing nutritional
profile. The recipe I'm sharing today is simple, nutritious and the whole family can enjoy it - goes well with homemade artisan bread
makes 4 serving
- 1 x 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tinned butter beans (drained and rinsed)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g - 125g chorizo sausage chopped in small cubes
- 1/2 red chilli pepper - finely chopped (take seeds out to reduce heat)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves - discard the main woody stem
- *1 teaspoon sugar (optional, depends how tart your tinned tomatoes are)
- *salt and pepper to taste after cooking
#As with all recipes on this blog unless otherwise stated they are my own; be kind enough to, link back to original, make, share and highlight - happy sharing #
- Add the oil a clean deep soup pan and fry off the onion and chilli pepper 1 - 2 minutes, add the the chorizo cubes and stir fry for 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and juice and the drained beans stir well, add the thyme, sugar and vegetable stock.
- Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out 2 scant ladle full and blitz in a blender till smooth and creamy.
- Add this back to the main pan of soup and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!
Labels: dairy free, Gluten free, Nut free, Pantry Throw-down, Recipe List, Soup