Spicy Butter Bean and Sausage Soup

The weather calls for soup and comfort food, and by jove I will give it what it wants. I have beans in all forms in my kitchen, canned, dried, frozen, fresh, I don't know, can't seem to get away from them. Maybe it's just something in my psyche from when I was vegan. But they are so useful, to bulk out a dish, adding texture and flavour, not to mention their amazing nutritional profile. The recipe I'm sharing today is simple, nutritious and the whole family can enjoy it - goes well with homemade artisan bread.

Let's Cook...

Ingredients
makes 4 serving


#As with all recipes on this blog unless otherwise stated they are my own; be kind enough to, link back to original, make, share and highlight - happy sharing #


Preparation

  1. Add the oil a clean deep soup pan and fry off the onion and chilli pepper 1 - 2 minutes, add the the chorizo cubes and stir fry for 3 minutes on low heat.
  2. Add the chopped tomatoes and juice and the drained beans stir well, add the thyme, sugar and vegetable stock.
  3. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes.
  4. After 20 minutes, take out 2 scant ladle full and blitz in a blender till smooth and creamy.
  5. Add this back to the main pan of soup and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Done!

Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!



Alicia
x

Labels: , , , , ,