This is a simple dish requiring not much effort on your part - but, it's delicious, nutritious, with an abundance of macro and micronutrients, plus it's dairy and gluten free! The best part of all this? in 10 minutes you can have this on the table. I have taken advantage of the hazelnuts currently in season, to add a bit of autumn flare, and texture to the dish. Clearly if you have a nut or sesame seed allergy just leave those out.
This recipe is also available on LoafApp an easy and stress free way to follow recipes
serves 3-4 with side salad
- 1/2 cup rice washed and set aside
- 1 handful frozen peas
- 1/2 head of broccoli, florets separated
- 50g smoked salmon slices
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt
- *enough water to cover the rice
- Wash the rice till water runs clear, add it to a saucepan with the green peas and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil, after 3 minutes add the broccoli florets around the edge of the rice, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon around the broccoli, crack the egg and add to the centre of the pan, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes - or until the egg is cooked but still soft.
- Remove pan from the heat, add the tomatoes and hazelnuts. Drizzle with sesame oil and lemon juice, while the rice is still hot.
Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!
Labels: dairy free, Gluten free, Home, Recipe List