Happy Days, I was given an award! I know so exciting - I've never won anything before, so am super stoked about this. It has been a few weeks since this has happened and I am only now getting round to telling you all about it; and in that time I've gotten a few more followers too, hooray!
So what is this award I am so excited about? It's the Liebster Award
, I never even heard of it till I got nominated, by the awesome new blogger on the block - Sid, from Sidney's Fantasma
, a great motivational blog about life, love and everything in between, check him out.
As with most things in life, this award does come with a little work to do on my part, I have to answer a few questions provided by Sid, sort of like a mini interview, so here goes.
1. Where do you see your blog in one year?
As you may already know, (or perhaps not) I am very much an in the moment type of gal, and this blog has become one of my main hobbies. Eventually, I hope that in time I can get paid to write about my foodie adventures, don't think that will happen in a year. But, I would like to be that much closer to living the dream. In a year, I would hope the blog will have more engagement and from you my awesome readers, telling me what you want to see more of on here. As let's face it without you guys reading my recipes and leaving me comments to let me know the posts I put out have been read I wouldn't have as much fun, and it motivates me to keep going...
2. If you could introduce yourself in one unique sentence, what would it be and why?
This is how I would introduce myself, short and to the point: Hi, I am creatively free, pleased to meet you. Why? well, because when I am making things, whether crafts, garments or recipes I feel the most free, even when the task is challenging I don't seem to get as stressed or wound up as I seem to do when doing other tasks I find challenging, I guess you could say my 'Creativity sets me free' .
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
The main reason I started blogging, was to have a platform to document and share my recipes and kitchen experiments. I was put off for a long time, because of the fear of 'what if ' - what if people steal my recipes, which I've worked hard at perfecting, what if I am not good enough, what if my blog gets hacked...the list was getting too long. So one day I bucked up and decide to just do it, so what if any of those what ifs happen, I will never know unless I just do it! so that's exactly what I did.
4. What are your best sources of traffic? include links!
Facebook is currently my highest traffic source closely followed by Google.
5. What should new bloggers definitely avoid? why?
Don't get caught up in numbers and analytics, focus on your content and making that engaging enough so people will want to return to your blog. Also reach out to those people who take the time to leave you a comment and feedback and interact with other bloggers. I have learnt this only in the last month through doing the Blogtober challenge.
6. What does it mean for you to be happy?
Being happy for me is simple. Being able to make positive contributions to the lives of those I meet on my journey wherever it takes me.
7. Share with us your number 1 dream!
To find my purpose and accept it.
Write 7 random things about you:
- I have to listen to the radio with the volume set to an even number, I don't know why, it just doesn't sound right to me if it's on an odd number.
- I use to play the violin, I love string instruments but the violin is my favourite closely followed by the cello.
- I have to wear socks to bed, or I won't sleep - ice blocks for feet, I will get up in the night and put socks on!
- I hate it when I am reading and can hear others talking, it drives me up the wall, pulls me back to reality away from whatever world I was in.
- I collect books, well, more like I hoard books.
- I have a 'healthy' appreciation for handmade lingerie - corsets, garters, latex, leather, silk - you get the picture
- I have an 'unhealthy' affair with shopping
Closing thoughts about the award: This award is great for new bloggers as a platform to reach new audiences and get their blogs out there, I know some people will think it contrive but I appreciate being appreciated and accept the honour of giving back. So, with that in mind - I would like to nominate the following bloggers/blogs if they wish to take up the challenge (I won't be offended if you don't), they are all great blogs and talented individuals in their own right.
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award and you choose to ACCEPT it, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
1. Display the Liebster Award by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget” on your blog.
2. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Write 11 random facts about yourself. Be creative!
5. Nominate 3 - 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award and have less than 1,000 followers and include a link to their blogs.
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominees and give it to your nominees.
7. List these rules in your post and give a copy to your nominees. (You can copy and paste from here.)
My Questions for Nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could visit anywhere, no expenses spared - where would you go and why?
- How do you deal with a stressful situation?
- If all the books in the world got destroyed, and you could save only one - what would it be?
- What is your favourite season, and why?
- What is your favourite food?
- What makes you smile when you're having a rubbish day?
- Name one thing you would take on a deserted island?
- Who is your hero?
- If you could change one thing in your life right now what would it be?
I would like to thank Sidney's Fantasma
once again for the nomination and I look forward to reading the posts of the nominees who take up the challenge.
Till next time, EAT mindfully, DRINK responsibly, and EXERCISE your mind and body!!!
Labels: BLOGTOBER 2015, Home